Virtual events are a relatively new form of connecting and exchanging information, with both your customers and your employees. Technology has evolved to a place whereby you can effectively reach your audience without the hassle and expense of putting together a large production.
To illustrate my point I will provide a breakdown of the costs associated with a live National Sales Meeting taking place over the course of five days in Orlando, FL for approximately 1,200 medical device sales representatives.
- Flight – Food – Hotel :: $2,090,000
- Event Production :: $1,350,000
- Event Planning to Management :: $100,000
- Training & Marketing Content Creation and Development :: $250,000
- Speakers, Motivational and Special Guests :: $120,000
- Awards Banquet | Themed Parties | Trinkets and Trash :: $865,000
- Miscellaneous :: $225,000
This entire event recreated, as an exquisite Virtual | Hybrid experience flawlessly executed, would cost approximately $750,000.
In addition to the dramatic cost savings, by eliminating travel you are able to increase your reach and provide a fully customized and convenient program to your field sales representatives.
Furthermore, 84% of physicians surveyed by the MedData Group in April of 2012, say they would prefer to receive information and education from industry representatives via the internet.
The virtual medium has truly evolved into a multidimensional communication vehicle, and for those of you who are already utilizing the capabilities of WebEx, you really must take a spin around a virtual conference hall.
Imagine if you could build a secure online environment which could showcase the following:
- Live or taped surgery with the ability to change your camera angle or choose a 360º view of the operating room
- On-Demand Training and Education
- Live or Pre-Taped Marketing Presentations
- No more estimating when to schedule a product launch based on FDA approval! No travel, no hotels, no problem
- Virtual Events Align with Corporate “Green” Strategies
- Interactive Hybrid Delivery of Breakout Activities
- Metrics – Metrics – Metrics | Let me explain…
The visual and comprehensive front end of these programs is the icing on the cake in my eyes as the back end capabilities revolutionize your ability to capture every detail from those who attend these events.
A digital footprint is captured on all attendees so that you have metrics around who has viewed the virtual event, where they went, and how long they stayed in each area. Additionally, the attendee is able to download presentations and product brochures as well as reach out directly to the company so that they may connected directly to corporate personnel.
It’s time to evolve and maximize everything the digital frontier has to offer. Fifteen years ago we did not have a choice in how we could reach our customers and employees. Now you do!